World of Warcraft or commonly known as WoW – not named so in vain with over 11 million subscribers after just 4 years of release in 2004. If Azeroth, the war-site was actually a place, it would qualify to be the 75th most populated country in the world just after Greece! To celebrate the fourth anniversary they have come up with the second expansion pack - Wrath of The Lich King.
Necromancy, destructible buildings, dungeons, new continents – you have it all in this PC game.
Its a good head and shoulders above the level Blizzard set with their first expansion The Burning Crusade. The game doesn’t just have a better look and feel to it, but is much better off for having changed the very core mechanics. Lets go on to have a look at a few listed features of the game before we continue the ga-ga further.
The Wrath of Lich King Features:
- Become the Master and command the necromantic powers of the Death Knight – World of Warcraft’s first Hero class.
- Quest to level 80, gaining powerful new abilities and talents along the way.
- Learn the craft of spell augmentation with the new Inscription profession.
- Enter the harsh new continent of Northrend, the icy domain of the Lich King.
- Engage in epic siege warfare, deploying mighty siege engines to lay waste to destructible buildings in your path.
- Transform your hero’s look with new character-customization options, including new hairstyles and dances.
- Explore perilous new dungeons filled with some of the deadliest creatures -and magnificent treasures -on Azeroth.
Having said that the real USP of the game is the new continent – Northrend. It is beautiful beyond explanation! It offers whole new hunting locales providing players avenues after level 70 and above leading eventually to Artha’s proverbial doorstep.
WoW engine isn’t exactly known for top-of-the-line techspecs but Blizzard manages to push the envelope with excellent art direction and quests that blend in perfectly with the storyline to leave you enthralled throughout the adventure.
And finally turning to the pinnacle of the game, the Death Knights. This is a new class introduced on WoW and can be revoked only at Level 55 and above. Regenerating the magical Runes, afflicting their foes with deadly diseases are just a few of their special powers.
For those of you who quit the war zone for some time now, its time to pull your socks and bring on your sword to rejoin the quest which just got better than you expected.