ARCHOS 101 8GB Android Internet Tablet feat. 10.1" High Resolution Touchscreen LCD / Mutiple Music, Video - Play and Record formats / Wi-Fi / Bluetooth 2.1 EDR / Built-in Microphone, Speaker, Leg-Stand / G-Sensor / Front VGA Camera / Various Pre-Installed Applications.
NOTE: This particular item will be dispatched as a high-value trackable item and will require a signature upon receipt.
We can probably safely assume at this point that tablets are here to stay. At least for awhile. And considering the effort that Archos has already put into the Android-based “tablet” market, there’s no surprise here that they’ve just pulled the curtain off five (5!) brand new tablet devices, all featuring Google’s mobile Operating System. Ranging in sizes and prices, as well as plenty of Archos-based “improvements” to the User Interface, meet the largest of the new Archos tablets..
The ARCHOS 101 internet tablet is a tablet who’s choice you’ll be proud of. You’ll have in your hands the best of the highly desirable Android™ technology with a large, high-resolution 10.1’’ screen, a weight of 480 g, and a thinness of just 12 mm. Beyond containing your window into the Internet and your HD multimedia, your device is completely customisable with a world of apps to make it your personal tablet.
Enjoy the real Internet. Pages in full width, Adobe Flash™ 10 support, accelerometer and high-speed WiFi-n connection. Everything you want for an uncompromised web experience. And With the adjustable leg stand, you will always have the best position to tap out your emails, view a movie or enjoy the photo frame application. All your multimedia in HD quality either on your ARCHOS or on your TV thanks to the HDMI video output.
Android™ is the application framework developed by Google for connected mobile devices, coming with a full pack of connected apps such as a web browser and email application. The 5 home screens of the Android user interface allow advanced personalisation: icons can be placed, moved or erased with just a flick of a finger. Thanks to the home screen widgets, users can instantly access their favorite applications. Match your ARCHOS to your personality and style by downloading the apps that matter to you (instant messaging, 3D games, newspapers, video chatting, etc.).
The ARCHOS 101 internet tablet combined with the OfficeSuite application allows users to easily create, revise or edit all of their Office documents. This office suite, compatible with Microsoft Office ™, gives users the ability to manage all of their Word™, Excel™, and PowerPoint™ documents.
Just like a PC, the ARCHOS 101 internet tablet can be freely programmed in alternative ways. This gives developers programming options in addition to the applications that can be created for the Android platform. To have total control of your Internet Tablet, ARCHOS has opened up this device, thus allowing creative minds to program their own tablet, or create what could be the tablet of the future.
- Product capacity: 8GB flash memory
- External: Micro SD Slot (SDHC compatible)
- Display characteristics: High resolution touch screen, 1024x600 pixels (WXVGA), 10.1'' TFT LCD
- Application Framework: Android 2.2 Froyo7
- Processor: ARM Cortex A8 at 1 GHz with DSP
- Graphic accelerator: 3D OpenGL ES 2.0
- Video Playback: MPEG-42 HD (up to 720p, 30 fps@6Mbps), MPEG-42 (ASP@L5 AVI, up to DVD resolution, 30 fps@8Mbps), H.264 HD (HP@L3.1 up to 720p, 30 fps@5Mbps), WMV9/VC1 (AP up to 720p 30 fps@10Mbps), M-JPEG (Motion JPEG Video) in VGA resolution
- Cinema Playback: MPEG-2 (up to DVD resolution MP/D1, 30 fps@10 Mbps)With the above codecs, the device can play video files with the following extensions: AVI, MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, MPG, PS, TS, VOB, FLV, RM, RMVB, ASF, 3GP
- Audio Playback: MP3 CBR & VBR, WMA, WMA-Pro 5.1, WAV (PCM/ADPCM), AAC, AAC+ 5.13, OGG Vorbis & FLAC
- Photo Viewer: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF
- Pre-installed applications: Aldiko, Ebuddy, Wikipedia, Avecomics, HubKap, Deezer, Mewbox, Raging Thunderlite (a 3D car demo game), WordNewspaper, Touiteur, Fring
- Communication protocols: WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth: 2.1 EDR
- Music playback time: up to 36 hours
- Video playback time: up to 7 hours
- Web surfing: up to 10 hours
- Dimensions & weight: 270 x 150 x 12 mm - 480 grams
- Package includes: ARCHOS 101 internet tablet, Standard USB cable, Quick Start Guide (QSG), legal and safety notice, power charger.
Archos products are covered by Archos's warranty period which can be viewed in full here: http://www.archos.com/support/support_tech/rma_terms.html?country=gb&lang=en
We would advise that after purchasing any Archos item from us, that you register your product with Archos direct, to enable you to be covered under their warranty scheme. You can register your product and find helpful information here: http://www.archos.com/repair/index.html?country=gb&lang=en
In the event of a problem we advise that the quickest response may be from Archos, so we advise that you contact them in the first instance.
You can contact Archos direct and receive help and advice here:
As per our standard Terms & Conditions, which can be read in full on our website - if there is a fault with your products within 6 months of dispatch, we will normally offer a repair, exchange or credit. Any faults after that period must be reported to the manufacturer.